The Perfect Korean Skincare Gifts for Mums This Mother’s Day
On episode 193 of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren answers a listener's question about the perfect Korean skincare products for Mums. Plus, tourists are back in Korea - who's buying the most K-Beauty? Lauren shares what K-Beauty products to try if you can't get your hands on Selena Gomez / Rare Beauty's Lip Oil.
CONNECT WITH ME
- My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
- Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
- Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
- Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/stylestory.au
- Website: www.thekoreanbeautyshow.com
- Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/stylestoryau
Which Tourists To Korea Are Buying the Most K-Beauty?
In April, the Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry announced the results of a survey they conducted of 400 foreign tourists visiting Korea, entitled "K-product group preferred by foreign tourists"
76% of Chinese tourists spent on cosmetics and perfume
Southeast Asian tourists cited cosmetics (38.5%) as their biggest expenditure item
Japanese tourists preferred food (41.9%) and then cosmetics / perfumes (32.4%)
Americans, on the other hand, bought clothes and leather (43.4%)
Question: of the Week: I’d love to gift my mum some Korean skincare. She’s in her 60s. Any recommendations?
- Our best-sellers are APLB Collagen Peptide Moisture Cream and APLB Collagen Propolis Eye Cream.
- My mum (also in her 60s) shared that her personal favourites are Jelly Ko Dewy Glaze Toner and Subi Powder Cleanser.
- I don’t think you can go wrong with either Sulwhasoo or The History of Whoo as gifts, but they are quite pricey.
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE FOR MOTHER’S DAY
- Jelly Ko Cherry Blossom Sleeping Mask
- Make sure you click on the “gift icon” to claim the second product.
- Both need to be in your cart.
New K-Beauty at STYLE STORY
- A cream in a refreshing form of essence.
- A bottle of cream melted into an essence to provide intensive nourishing and moisturizing to dry skin.
- Blackberry complex delivers nourishing and soothing ingredients to the skin
- Blackberry complex helps strengthen the rough skin barrier and provides non-tightening moisture to the skin.
- Other ingredients include Blue lotus water, Jojoba seed oil, Ceramide NP and Centella asiatica extract
- These foot masks are not the peeling type - instead, they offer nourishing care to help replenish dry feet.
- Designed in a sock-like shape you wear them on your feet to get rid of dead skin
- They contain lots of beautiful ingredients to keep feet nourished and soft
- I love wearing them while I'm watching TV
"My holy grail moisturiser
I am on my fourth jar of this, I think. It's absolutely my holy grail moisturiser. I've got combination skin and tend to go lighter on application in the morning, and heavier at night and it works an absolute treat - I wake up with clear, super-soft skin. I recently got sucked into buying a moisturiser from a non-K-beauty brand and my skin did not react well to it (well past what I'd hoped was just initial purging). Shame on me. So I ran straight back to this cream, and within a single application my skin was so much less inflamed. It really is fantastic - highly recommend. I won't be straying again!"
I again recommend the purchase of Subis Bare Skin Balm. It’s the fourth time I bought it and I can not get enough of it. It melts on my skin and after cleansing I feel fresh and I don’t have the feeling of makeup residue."
"Best cleanser I've ever used
Lovely foamy cleanser. Just bought my 3rd bottle. Nearly ran out!"
Recommendation of the Week
Korean makeup swap for Selena Gomez Rare Beauty Lip Oil
This product is also Made in Korea
STYLE STORY - Your Go To for Kbeauty